Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hello from London!




Since arriving in London yesterday afternoon, I have been quite busy. Not only have I made some new friends, but I have also been site-seeing during most of the day light hours. I have been here less than 48 hours and I have already seen so much!

Yesterday my professor took my MLIS class around town. We learned how to use the tube and we also visited Trafalger Square, Leicester Square, Waterloo station, the theatre district and many other sights. We also enjoyed a lovely dinner at the Texas Embassy, formerly the White Star Line building where hopefully individuals purchased their tickets for America aboard the Titanic.

This afternoon I walked with a group through out the city where we visited Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the National Museum, and many others. I was able to get a view of Buckingham Palace just after seeing several painting by Monet, Renior, Degas, and Manet. The weather was beautiful today. It was a lovely afternoon.

Our group also visited Covent Gardens. I was able to try my first cup of British tea, and I must say it was FABULOUS! So much better than the tea at home.

Tomorrow I will be going to Church in the morning in the beautiful St. Paul's Cathedral and afterwards I will enjoy another walking tour of the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment